148.7809 REGISTRATION RENEWAL.
Subdivision 1. Requirements for registration renewal.
A registered athletic trainer shall
apply to the board for a one-year extension of registration by paying a fee under section
and filing an application on a form provided by the board that includes:
(1) the athletic trainer's name, Minnesota athletic trainer registration number, home address
and telephone number, business address and telephone number, and business setting;
(2) work history for the past year, including the average number of hours worked per week;
(3) a report of any change in status since initial registration or previous registration renewal;
(4) evidence satisfactory to the board of having met the continuing education requirements
(5) the athletic trainer's signature on a statement that a current copy of the protocol form is
on file at the athletic trainer's primary employment site; and
(6) additional information as requested by the board.
Subd. 2. Registration renewal notice.
Before June 1 of each year, the board shall send out
a renewal notice to an athletic trainer's last known address on file with the board. The notice
shall include an application for registration renewal and notice of the fees required for renewal.
An athletic trainer who does not receive a renewal notice must still meet the requirements for
registration renewal under this section.
Subd. 3. Renewal deadline.
(a) An application for renewal of registration must be
postmarked on or before July 1 of each year. If the postmark is illegible, the application is
considered timely if received in the board office by the third working day after July 1.
(b) An application for renewal of registration submitted after the deadline date must include
a late fee under section
Subd. 4. Lapse of registration status.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b), an athletic
trainer whose registration has lapsed must:
(1) apply for registration renewal under this section; and
(2) submit evidence satisfactory to the board from a licensed medical physician verifying
employment in athletic training for eight weeks every three years during the time of the lapse
(b) The board shall not renew, reissue, reinstate, or restore a registration that has lapsed after
June 30, 1999, and has not been renewed within two annual renewal cycles starting July 1, 2001.
An athletic trainer whose registration is canceled for nonrenewal must obtain a new registration by
applying for registration and fulfilling all requirements then in existence for an initial registration.
History: 1993 c 232 s 10; 2001 c 31 s 2