129C.15 RESOURCE, MAGNET, AND OUTREACH PROGRAMS.
Subdivision 1. Resource and outreach.
The center must offer resource and outreach
programs and services statewide aimed at the enhancement of arts education opportunities for
pupils in elementary and secondary school. The programs and services must include:
(1) developing and demonstrating exemplary curriculum, instructional practices, and
(2) disseminating information; and
(3) providing programs for pupils and teachers that develop technical and creative skills in
art forms that are underrepresented and in geographic regions that are underserved.
Subd. 2. Magnet programs.
The center must identify at least one school district in each
congressional district with interest and the potential to offer magnet arts programs using the
curriculum developed by the Perpich Center for Arts Education.
Subd. 3. Center responsibilities.
The center must:
(1) provide information and technical services to arts teachers, professional arts
organizations, school districts, and the Department of Education;
(2) gather and conduct research in arts education;
(3) design and promote arts education opportunities for all Minnesota pupils in elementary
and secondary schools; and
(4) serve as liaison for the Department of Education to national organizations for arts
History: 1991 c 265 art 11 s 19; 1994 c 647 art 11 s 3; 1Sp1995 c 3 art 16 s 13; 1996 c 412
art 9 s 19; 1998 c 397 art 10 s 10; 1999 c 241 art 10 s 8; 2003 c 130 s 12