116C.711 NUCLEAR WASTE COUNCIL.
Subdivision 1. Establishment.
The governor's Nuclear Waste Council is established.
Subd. 2. Membership.
The council shall have at least nine members, consisting of:
(1) the commissioners of health, transportation, and natural resources, and the commissioner
of the Pollution Control Agency;
(2) four citizen members appointed by the governor;
(3) the director of the Minnesota Geological Survey;
(4) one additional citizen from each potentially impacted area may be appointed by the
governor if potentially impacted areas are designated in Minnesota; and
(5) one Indian who is an enrolled member of a federally recognized Minnesota Indian tribe or
band may be appointed by the governor if potentially impacted areas are designated in Minnesota
and if those areas include Indian country as defined in United States Code, title 18, section
At least two members of the council must have expertise in the earth sciences.
Subd. 3. Chair.
A chair shall be appointed by the governor from the members of the council.
Subd. 4. Advisory task force.
The council may create advisory task forces under section
, as are necessary to carry out its responsibilities under this chapter.
Subd. 5. Membership regulation.
governs terms, compensation, removal,
and filling of vacancies of members appointed by the governor. Section
15.059, subdivision 5
does not govern the expiration date of the council.
History: 1Sp1985 c 13 s 242; 1986 c 444; 1987 c 186 s 15