115A.902 PERMIT; TIRE COLLECTORS, PROCESSORS.
Subdivision 1. Permit required.
A tire collector or tire processor with more than 500 waste
tires shall obtain a permit from the agency unless exempted in subdivision 2. The agency may
by rule require tire collectors or tire processors with less than 500 waste tires to obtain permits
unless exempted by subdivision 2.
Subd. 2. Exemptions.
A permit is not required for:
(1) a retail tire seller for the retail selling site if no more than 500 waste tires are kept on
the business premises;
(2) an owner or operator of a tire retreading business for the business site if no more than
3,000 waste tires are kept on the business premises;
(3) an owner or operator of a business who, in the ordinary course of business, removes tires
from motor vehicles if no more than 500 waste tires are kept on the business premises;
(4) a permitted landfill operator with less than 10,000 waste tires stored above ground at
the permitted site; or
(5) a person using waste tires for agricultural purposes if the waste tires are kept on the
site of use.
Subd. 3. Local authority.
The issuance of an agency permit does not replace a permit or
license required under section
Subd. 4. Permit fee.
The revenue from permit fees shall be credited to the general fund.
History: 1984 c 654 art 2 s 93; 1988 c 685 s 45; 1989 c 335 art 1 s 269; 1999 c 73 s 5