5A.03 ORGANIZATION APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION.
(a) An application for registration as an international student exchange visitor placement
organization must be submitted in the form prescribed by the secretary of state. The application
(1) evidence that the organization meets the standards established by the secretary of state by
(2) the name, address, and telephone number of the organization, its chief executive officer,
and the person within the organization who has primary responsibility for supervising placements
within the state;
(3) the organization's unified business identification number, if any;
(4) the organization's United States Information Agency number, if any;
(5) evidence of Council on Standards for International Educational Travel listing, if any;
(6) whether the organization is exempt from federal income tax; and
(7) a list of the organization's placements in Minnesota for the previous academic year
including the number of students placed, their home countries, the school districts in which they
were placed, and the length of their placements.
(b) The application must be signed by the chief executive officer of the organization and the
person within the organization who has primary responsibility for supervising placements within
Minnesota. If the secretary of state determines that the application is complete, the secretary of
state shall file the application and the applicant is registered.
(c) Organizations that have registered shall inform the secretary of state of any changes in
the information required under paragraph (a), clause (1), within 30 days of the change. There is no
fee to amend a registration.
(d) Registration under this chapter is valid for one year. The registration may be renewed
annually. The fee to renew a registration is $50 per year.
(e) Organizations registering for the first time in Minnesota must pay an initial registration
fee of $150.
(f) Fees collected by the secretary of state under this section must be deposited in the
state treasury and credited to the general fund and are added to the appropriation from which
registration costs are paid.
History: 1993 c 238 s 3; 1997 c 137 s 5