325B.04 TERMINATION OF AGREEMENTS.
Subdivision 1. Terminations.
Notwithstanding the terms, provisions or conditions of
any agreement, no brewer shall amend, cancel, terminate or refuse to continue to renew any
agreement, or cause a wholesaler to resign from an agreement, unless the brewer:
(1) has satisfied the notice and opportunity to cure requirements of section
(2) has acted in good faith; and
(3) has good cause for the cancellation, termination, nonrenewal, discontinuance, or forced
Subd. 2. Good cause.
For purposes of subdivision 1:
(a) "Good cause" includes, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) revocation of the wholesaler's license under section
(2) the wholesaler's bankruptcy or insolvency;
(3) assignment of the assets of the wholesaler for the benefit of creditors, or a similar
disposition of the wholesaler's assets; or
(4) a failure by the wholesaler to substantially comply, without reasonable excuse or
justification, with any reasonable and material requirement imposed on the wholesaler by the
brewer, where the failure was discovered by the brewer not more than one year before the date on
which the brewer gave notice to the wholesaler under section
(b) "Good cause" does not include the sale or purchase of a brewer.
History: 1977 c 328 s 4; 1986 c 444; 1994 c 611 s 3