31A.11 FORGING OF OFFICIAL MARKS OR CERTIFICATES.
Subdivision 1. Unauthorized marks or certificates.
No brand manufacturer, printer, or
other person may cast, print, lithograph, or otherwise make a device containing an official mark,
simulation of an official mark, label bearing a mark or simulation, or form of official certificate or
simulation, except as authorized by the commissioner.
Subd. 2. Prohibitions.
No person may:
(1) forge an official device, mark, or certificate;
(2) without authorization from the commissioner use a real or simulated official device,
mark, or certificate, or alter, detach, deface, or destroy an official device, mark, or certificate;
(3) contrary to the rules prescribed by the commissioner, detach, deface, destroy, or fail
to use an official device, mark, or certificate;
(4) knowingly possess, without promptly notifying the commissioner or the commissioner's
representative, an official device, a counterfeit, simulated, forged, or improperly altered official
certificate, or a device, label, or carcass, part, or product of an animal bearing a counterfeit,
simulated, forged, or improperly altered official mark;
(5) knowingly make a false statement in a shipper's certificate or other certificate provided
for in the rules of the commissioner; or
(6) knowingly represent falsely that an article has been inspected and passed, or exempted,
under this chapter.
History: 1969 c 225 s 11; 1985 c 248 s 70; 1986 c 444; 1988 c 469 art 2 s 1