Subdivision 1. Scope.
For the purposes of sections
the terms defined
in this section have the meanings given to them.
Subd. 2. Authorized person.
"Authorized person" means:
(1) the state fire marshal when authorized or charged with the investigation of fires at the
place where the fire actually took place;
(2) superintendent of the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension;
(3) the prosecuting attorney responsible for prosecutions in the county where the fire
(4) the sheriff or chief of police responsible for investigation in the county where the fire
(5) the county attorney responsible for the prosecution in the county where the fire occurred;
(6) the Federal Bureau of Investigation or any other federal agency;
(7) the United States Attorney's Office when authorized or charged with investigation or
prosecution of a case involving a fire loss;
(8) the chief administrative officer of the municipal arson squad or the chief of the fire
department responsible for the investigation of the fire under section
299F.04, subdivision 1
(9) the commissioner of commerce.
Subd. 3. Relevant.
"Relevant" information or evidence means information having any
tendency to make the existence of any fact that is of consequence to the investigation or
determination of the issue more probable or less probable than it would be without the evidence.
History: 1979 c 226 s 2; 1995 c 258 s 63; 1997 c 77 s 5