18B.27 PESTICIDE REGISTRATION FOR SPECIAL LOCAL NEEDS.
Subdivision 1. Application.
(a) A person must file an application for a special local need
application with the commissioner. The application must meet the requirements of section
, and the commissioner may require other relevant information.
(b) The commissioner may require a full description of tests and test results upon which
claims are based for:
(1) a pesticide use that is not registered under section
or FIFRA; or
(2) a pesticide on which restrictions are being considered.
(c) The applicant may request in writing privacy of information submitted as provided in
Subd. 2. Application review.
(a) After reviewing the application accompanied by the
application fee, the commissioner shall, subject to the terms and conditions of the authorization
by the administrator of the United States Environmental Protection Agency to register pesticides
to meet special local needs, register pesticides if the commissioner determines that:
(1) the pesticide's composition warrants the proposed claims for the pesticide;
(2) the pesticide's label and other material required to be submitted comply with this chapter;
(3) the pesticide will perform its intended function without unreasonable adverse effect
on the environment;
(4) the pesticide will not generally cause unreasonable adverse effects on the environment
when used in accordance with label directions; and
(5) a special local need for the pesticide exists.
(b) The commissioner may revoke or modify a special local need registration if the
commissioner determines that the terms or conditions of the registration do not comply with
Subd. 3. Application fee.
An application fee for a special local need registration must be
accompanied by a nonrefundable fee of $150.
History: 1987 c 358 s 69; 1990 c 597 s 3