18B.095 PESTICIDE APPLICATION IN SCHOOLS.
Subdivision 1. Authorized applicators.
To the extent authorized under this chapter,
application of a pesticide to the inside or outdoor property of a Minnesota kindergarten through
12th grade public school must be performed by a:
(1) structural pest control applicator;
(2) commercial or noncommercial pesticide applicator with appropriate use category
(3) school pest management coordinator or a school employee with school pest management
Subd. 2. Exemption.
Pesticides determined by the commissioner to be sanitizers or
disinfectants are exempt from subdivision 1.
Subd. 3. Registry and information.
The commissioner, in consultation with the Departments
of Health; Administration; and Education; the University of Minnesota Extension Service; the
Minnesota School Boards Association; and other persons as necessary and appropriate, must:
(1) establish and maintain a registry of school pest management coordinators; and
(2) provide information on a regular and periodic basis to school pest management
coordinators on pest management techniques and programs, including model school policies;
proper pesticide use, storage, handling, and disposal; and other relevant pesticide and pest
History: 1Sp2001 c 2 s 36; 2003 c 130 s 12