16E.0465 TECHNOLOGY APPROVAL.
Subdivision 1. Application.
This section applies to an appropriation of more than $1,000,000
of state or federal funds to a state agency for any information and telecommunications technology
project or for any phase of such a project, device, or system. For purposes of this section, an
appropriation of state or federal funds to a state agency includes an appropriation:
(1) to a constitutional officer;
(2) for a project that includes both a state agency and units of local government; and
(3) to a state agency for grants to be made to other entities.
Subd. 2. Required review and approval.
(a) A state agency receiving an appropriation for
an information and telecommunications technology project subject to this section must divide the
project into phases.
(b) The commissioner of finance may not authorize the encumbrance or expenditure of
an appropriation of state funds to a state agency for any phase of a project, device, or system
subject to this section unless the Office of Enterprise Technology has reviewed each phase of the
project, device, or system, and based on this review, the chief information officer has determined
for each phase that:
(1) the project is compatible with the state information architecture and other policies and
standards established by the chief information officer;
(2) the agency is able to accomplish the goals of the phase of the project with the funds
(3) the project supports the enterprise information technology strategy.
Subd. 3.[Repealed, 2005 c 156 art 5 s 24
History: 1Sp2001 c 10 art 2 s 46; 2005 c 156 art 5 s 14,15