137.34 PROGRAM ESTABLISHED.
Subdivision 1. Program established.
The Minnesota Extension Service is instructed to
develop and implement an ongoing program for rural health and safety.
Subd. 2.[Repealed, 1996 c 310 s 1
Subd. 3. Responsibilities.
The rural health and safety program in the Minnesota extension
service has the following ongoing responsibilities:
(1) to develop programs and materials related to farm accident prevention;
(2) to develop and implement educational programs that will enable rural residents to
understand and comply with safety standards and good health practices;
(3) to maintain cooperation and effective working relationships with health and safety
agencies and organizations in Minnesota, other states, and the United States government; and
(4) to seek and efficiently utilize grant money made available for programs relating to rural
and farm safety.
Subd. 4. Program funding.
Money for support of the rural health and safety program in the
Minnesota Extension Service may be accepted from the following sources:
(1) legislative appropriations from the general fund;
(2) funds from other sources within the University of Minnesota and the Extension Service
to the extent not precluded by other law; and
(3) gifts or grants from individuals, organizations, governmental units, foundations,
corporations, or other sources except that no restrictions may be placed by the giver with respect
to the functions, duties, and responsibilities of the program.
History: 1988 c 688 art 2 s 1