62S.15 Authorized limitations and exclusions.
No policy may be delivered or issued for delivery in this state as long-term care insurance if the policy limits or excludes coverage by type of illness, treatment, medical condition, or accident, except as follows:
(1) preexisting conditions or diseases;
(2) mental or nervous disorders; except that the exclusion or limitation of benefits on the basis of Alzheimer's disease is prohibited;
(3) alcoholism and drug addiction;
(4) illness, treatment, or medical condition arising out of war or act of war; participation in a felony, riot, or insurrection; service in the armed forces or auxiliary units; suicide, attempted suicide, or intentionally self-inflicted injury; or non-fare-paying aviation; and
(5) treatment provided in a government facility unless otherwise required by law, services for which benefits are available under Medicare or other government program except Medicaid, state or federal workers' compensation, employer's liability or occupational disease law, motor vehicle no-fault law; services provided by a member of the covered person's immediate family; and services for which no charge is normally made in the absence of insurance.
This subdivision does not prohibit exclusions and limitations by type of provider or territorial limitations.
HIST: 1997 c 71 art 1 s 15
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes