469.041 State public bodies, powers as to projects.
For the purpose of aiding and cooperating in the planning, undertaking, construction, or operation of projects, any state public body may upon the terms, with or without consideration, as it may determine:
(1) dedicate, sell, convey, or lease any of its interests in any property, or grant easements, licenses, or any other rights or privileges therein to an authority. Except in cities of the first class having a population of less than 200,000, the public body may pay the bonds of or make loans or contributions for redevelopment projects, and the receipt or expenditure of any money expended hereunder by the state public body shall not be included within the definition of any limitation imposed on per capita taxing or spending in the charter of the state public body. No state public body may use any revenues or money of that state public body to pay the bonds of or make any loans or contributions to any public housing project, except to a public low-rent housing project (i) for which financial assistance is provided by the federal government which requires a municipality or other local public body to use its revenues or money for a direct loan or grant to the project as a condition for federal financial assistance and (ii) where the local financial assistance for the project is authorized by resolution of the governing body of the municipality;
(2) cause parks, playgrounds, recreational, community, education, water, sewer or drainage facilities, or any other works which it may undertake, to be furnished adjacent to or in connection with such projects;
(3) approve, through its governing body or through an agency designated by it for the purpose, redevelopment plans, plan or replan, zone or rezone its parks; in the case of a city or town, make changes in its map; the governing body of any city may waive any building code requirements in connection with the development of projects;
(4) cause services to be furnished to the authority of the character which it may otherwise furnish;
(5) enter into agreements with respect to the exercise by it of its powers relating to the repair, closing, or demolition of unsafe, unsanitary, or unfit buildings;
(6) do any and all things necessary or convenient to aid and cooperate in the planning, undertaking, construction, or operation of the projects;
(7) incur the entire expense of any public improvements made by it in exercising the powers granted in sections 469.001 to 469.047;
(8) enter into agreements with an authority respecting action to be taken by the state public body pursuant to any of the powers granted by sections 469.001 to 469.047; the agreements may extend over any period, notwithstanding any law to the contrary;
(9) furnish funds available to it from any source, including the proceeds of bonds, to an authority to pay all or any part of the cost to the authority of the activities authorized by section 469.012, subdivision 1h; and
(10) with respect to a housing development project and bonds which an authority has issued for the project, exercise the powers available to a city under section 471.191, subdivision 2, as though the project were a recreational program; provided that this power may only be exercised by a city or county in which the project is located or in accordance with a joint powers agreement with other cities or counties that have authorized the exercise of the powers for other projects as part of a common financing plan.
HIST: 1987 c 291 s 41; 1995 c 256 s 7
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes