325K.25 Recognition of repositories.
Subdivision 1. Conditions. The secretary must recognize one or more repositories, after finding that a repository to be recognized:
(1) is operated under the direction of a licensed certification authority;
(2) includes a database containing:
(i) certificates published in the repository;
(ii) notices of suspended or revoked certificates published by licensed certification authorities or other persons suspending or revoking certificates;
(iii) certification authority disclosure records for licensed certification authorities;
(iv) all orders published by the secretary in regulating certification authorities; and
(v) other information adopted by rule by the secretary;
(3) operates by means of a trustworthy system;
(4) contains no significant amount of information that is known or likely to be untrue, inaccurate, or not reasonably reliable;
(5) contains certificates published by certification authorities that conform to legally binding requirements that the secretary finds to be substantially similar to, or more stringent toward the certification authorities, than those of this state; and
(6) keeps an archive of certificates that have been suspended or revoked, or that have expired, within at least the past three years.
Subd. 2. Application. A repository may apply to the secretary for recognition by filing a written request and providing evidence to the secretary sufficient for the secretary to find that the conditions for recognition are satisfied.
Subd. 3. Recognition discontinued. A repository may discontinue its recognition by filing 30 days' written notice with the secretary. In addition, the secretary may discontinue recognition of a repository in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act, chapter 14, if it concludes that the repository no longer satisfies the conditions for recognition listed in this section or in rules adopted by the secretary.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes