308B.465 Limitation of director's liability.
Subdivision 1. Articles may limit liability. A director's personal liability to the cooperative or members for monetary damages for breach of fiduciary duty as a director may be eliminated or limited in the articles or bylaws except as provided in subdivision 2.
Subd. 2. Restrictions on liability limitation. The articles or bylaws may not eliminate or limit the liability of a director:
(1) for a breach of the director's duty of loyalty to the cooperative or its members;
(2) for acts or omissions that are not in good faith or involve intentional misconduct or a knowing violation of law;
(3) for knowing violations of securities laws under section 80A.23 or for illegal distributions;
(4) for a transaction from which the director derived an improper personal benefit; or
(5) for an act or omission occurring before the date when the provision in the articles or bylaws eliminating or limiting liability becomes effective.
HIST: 2003 c 105 art 1 s 35