299K.04 Regional review committee.
Subdivision 1. Membership. (a) The commission shall establish emergency planning districts and appoint and supervise a regional review committee for each district. The regional review committee shall serve as the local emergency planning committee under the federal act, except where a local emergency planning committee has been established by one or more political subdivisions.
(b) Each regional review committee must have nine members consisting of:
(1) three representatives of facilities regulated under the federal act;
(2) three representatives of emergency response organizations; and
(3) three representatives of the public including community groups, broadcast and print media, and elected officials.
Subd. 2. Compensation. Regional review committee members shall be compensated in the manner provided in section 15.059.
Subd. 3. Duties of regional review committee. Regional review committees shall:
(1) review emergency operations plans prepared by political subdivisions within their emergency planning district to determine whether they meet the requirements of section 11003(c) of the federal act;
(2) consult and coordinate with the regional program coordinators of the Division of Emergency Management of the Department of Public Safety and with local and county organizations for civil defense designated under section 12.25;
(3) submit emergency plans to the commission for review and recommendations;
(4) establish procedures for receiving and processing requests from the public for information available under the federal act; and
(5) perform any other duties specified in the federal act.
HIST: 1989 c 315 s 4
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes