256D.04 Duties of the commissioner.
In addition to any other duties imposed by law, the commissioner shall:
(2) Promulgate uniform rules consistent with law for carrying out and enforcing the provisions of sections 256D.01 to 256D.21, including section 256D.05, subdivision 3, and section 256.01, subdivision 2, paragraph (16), to the end that general assistance may be administered as uniformly as possible throughout the state; rules shall be furnished immediately to all county agencies and other interested persons; in promulgating rules, the provisions of sections 14.001 to 14.69, shall apply;
(3) Allocate money appropriated for general assistance and general assistance medical care to county agencies as provided in section 256D.03, subdivisions 2 and 3;
(4) Accept and supervise the disbursement of any funds that may be provided by the federal government or from other sources for use in this state for general assistance and general assistance medical care;
(6) Cooperate to the fullest extent with other public agencies empowered by law to provide vocational training, rehabilitation, or similar services;
(7) Gather and study current information and report at least annually to the governor on the nature and need for general assistance and general assistance medical care, the amounts expended under the supervision of each county agency, and the activities of each county agency and publish such reports for the information of the public;
(8) Specify requirements for general assistance and general assistance medical care reports, including fiscal reports, according to section 256.01, subdivision 2, paragraph (17); and
(9) Ensure that every notice of eligibility for general assistance includes a notice that women who are pregnant may be eligible for medical assistance benefits.
HIST: 1973 c 650 art 21 s 4; 1977 c 301 s 3; 1980 c 536 s 11; 1981 c 360 art 2 s 35; 1982 c 424 s 130; 1987 c 384 art 2 s 1; 1988 c 719 art 8 s 20; 1989 c 89 s 12; 1990 c 422 s 10; 1990 c 568 art 4 s 84; 1991 c 272 s 1; 1Sp1993 c 1 art 6 s 29; 1995 c 178 art 6 s 17; 1997 c 7 art 2 s 45