252.44 County board responsibilities.
(a) When the need for day training and habilitation services in a county has been determined under section 252.28, the board of commissioners for that county shall:
(1) authorize the delivery of services according to the individual service and habilitation plans required as part of the county's provision of case management services under Minnesota Rules, parts 9525.0015 to 9525.0165. For calendar years for which section 252.46, subdivisions 2 to 10, apply, the county board shall not authorize a change in service days from the number of days authorized for the previous calendar year unless there is documentation for the change in the individual service plan. An increase in service days must also be supported by documentation that the goals and objectives assigned to the vendor cannot be met more economically and effectively by other available community services and that without the additional days of service the individual service plan could not be implemented in a manner consistent with the service principles in section 252.42;
(3) ensure that transportation is provided or arranged by the vendor in the most efficient and reasonable way possible;
(4) set payment rates under section 252.46;
(5) monitor and evaluate the cost and effectiveness of the services; and
(6) reimburse vendors for the provision of authorized services according to the rates, procedures, and regulations governing reimbursement.
(b) With all vendors except regional centers, the contract must include the approved payment rates, the projected budget for the contract period, and any actual expenditures of previous and current contract periods. With all vendors, including regional centers, the contract must also include the amount, availability, and components of day training and habilitation services to be provided, the performance standards governing service provision and evaluation, and the time period in which the contract is effective.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes