245.4877 Education and prevention services.
Education and prevention services must be available to all children residing in the county. Education and prevention services must be designed to:
(1) convey information regarding emotional disturbances, mental health needs, and treatment resources to the general public and groups identified as at high risk of developing emotional disturbance under section 245.4872, subdivision 3;
(2) at least annually, distribute to individuals and agencies identified by the county board and the local children's mental health advisory council information on predictors and symptoms of emotional disturbances, where mental health services are available in the county, and how to access the services;
(3) increase understanding and acceptance of problems associated with emotional disturbances;
(4) improve people's skills in dealing with high-risk situations known to affect children's mental health and functioning;
(5) prevent development or deepening of emotional disturbances; and
(6) refer each child with emotional disturbance or the child's family with additional mental health needs to appropriate mental health services.
HIST: 1989 c 282 art 4 s 44
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes