144.565 Diagnostic imaging facilities.
Subdivision 1. Utilization and services data; economic and financial interests. The commissioner shall require diagnostic imaging facilities to annually report to the commissioner, in the form and manner specified by the commissioner:
(1) utilization data for each health plan company and each public program, including workers' compensation, as follows:
(i) the number of computerized tomography (CT) procedures performed;
(ii) the number of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) procedures performed; and
(iii) the number of positron emission tomography (PET) procedures performed; and
(2) the names of all individuals with a financial or economic interest in the facility.
Subd. 2. Commissioner's right to inspect records. If the report is not filed or the commissioner of health has reason to believe the report is incomplete or false, the commissioner shall have the right to inspect diagnostic imaging facility books, audits, and records.
Subd. 3. Separate reports. For a diagnostic imaging facility that is not attached or not contiguous to a hospital or a hospital affiliate, the commissioner shall require the information in subdivision 1 be reported separately for each detached diagnostic imaging facility as part of the report required under section 144.702. If any entity owns more than one diagnostic imaging facility, that entity must report by individual facility.
Subd. 4. Definitions. For purposes of this section, the following terms have the meanings given:
(a) "Diagnostic imaging facility" means a health care facility that provides diagnostic imaging services through the use of ionizing radiation or other imaging technique including, but not limited to magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or computerized tomography (CT) scan on a freestanding or mobile basis.
(b) "Financial or economic interest" means a direct or indirect:
(1) equity or debt security issued by an entity, including, but not limited to, shares of stock in a corporation, membership in a limited liability company, beneficial interest in a trust, units or other interests in a partnership, bonds, debentures, notes or other equity interests or debt instruments, or any contractual arrangements;
(2) membership, proprietary interest, or co-ownership with an individual, group, or organization to which patients, clients, or customers are referred to; or
(3) employer-employee or independent contractor relationship, including, but not limited to, those that may occur in a limited partnership, profit-sharing arrangement, or other similar arrangement with any facility to which patients are referred, including any compensation between a facility and a health care provider, the group practice of which the provider is a member or employee or a related party with respect to any of them.
(c) "Freestanding" means a diagnostic imaging facility that is not located within a:
(2) location licensed as a hospital; or
(3) physician's office or clinic where the professional practice of medicine by licensed physicians is the primary purpose and not the provision of ancillary services such as diagnostic imaging.
(d) "Mobile" means a diagnostic imaging facility that is transported to various sites not including movement within a hospital or a physician's office or clinic.
HIST: 2004 c 198 s 9
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes