14.001 Statement of purpose.
The purposes of the Administrative Procedure Act are:
(1) to provide oversight of powers and duties delegated to administrative agencies;
(2) to increase public accountability of administrative agencies;
(3) to ensure a uniform minimum procedure;
(4) to increase public access to governmental information;
(5) to increase public participation in the formulation of administrative rules;
(6) to increase the fairness of agencies in their conduct of contested case proceedings; and
(7) to simplify the process of judicial review of agency action as well as increase its ease and availability.
In accomplishing its objectives, the intention of this chapter is to strike a fair balance between these purposes and the need for efficient, economical, and effective government administration. The chapter is not meant to alter the substantive rights of any person or agency. Its impact is limited to procedural rights with the expectation that better substantive results will be achieved in the everyday conduct of state government by improving the process by which those results are attained.
HIST: 1990 c 422 s 1
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes