119B.23 Other authorization to make grants.
Subdivision 1. Authority. The county board is authorized to provide child care services or to make grants from the community social service fund, special tax revenue, or its general fund, or other sources to any municipality, or corporation for the cost of providing technical assistance or child care services. The county board is also authorized to contract for services with any licensed child care facility to carry out the purposes of this section.
The county board may also make grants to or contract with any municipality, licensed child care facility, organization designated under section 119B.19, subdivision 1a, or corporation for the following purposes:
(1) creating new licensed child care facilities and expanding existing facilities including, but not limited to, supplies, equipment, and facility renovation and remodeling;
(2) improving licensed child care facility programs, including, but not limited to, staff specialists, staff training, supplies, equipment, and facility renovation and remodeling, with priority for training grants for child care workers caring for infants, toddlers, sick children, children in low-income families, and children with special needs;
(3) providing supportive child development services, including, but not limited to, in-service training, curriculum development, consulting specialists, resource centers, and program and resource materials;
(4) carrying out programs, including, but not limited to, staff, supplies, equipment, facility renovation, and training;
(5) providing interim financing; or
(6) carrying out the resource and referral program services identified in section 119B.19, subdivision 7.
Subd. 2. Donated materials and services; matching share of cost. For the purposes of this section, donated professional and volunteer services, program materials, equipment, supplies, and facilities may be approved as part of a matching share of the cost, provided that total costs shall be reduced by the costs charged to parents if a sliding fee scale has been used.
Subd. 3. Biennial plan. The county board shall biennially develop a plan for the distribution of money for child care services as part of the child care fund plan under section 119B.08. All licensed child care programs shall be given written notice concerning the availability of money and the application process.