10A.323 Affidavit of contributions.
In addition to the requirements of section 10A.322, to be eligible to receive a public subsidy under section 10A.31 a candidate or the candidate's treasurer must file an affidavit with the board stating that during that calendar year the candidate has accumulated contributions from persons eligible to vote in this state in at least the amount indicated for the office sought, counting only the first $50 received from each contributor:
(1) candidates for governor and lieutenant governor running together, $35,000;
(2) candidates for attorney general, $15,000;
(3) candidates for secretary of state and state auditor, separately, $6,000;
(4) candidates for the senate, $3,000; and
(5) candidates for the house of representatives, $1,500.
The affidavit must state the total amount of contributions that have been received from persons eligible to vote in this state, disregarding the portion of any contribution in excess of $50.
The candidate or the candidate's treasurer must submit the affidavit required by this section to the board in writing by September 1 of the general election year.
A candidate for a vacancy to be filled at a special election for which the filing period does not coincide with the filing period for the general election must submit the affidavit required by this section to the board within five days after filing the affidavit of candidacy.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes