10A.275 Multicandidate political party expenditures.
Subdivision 1. Exceptions. Notwithstanding other provisions of this chapter, the following expenditures by a party unit, or two or more party units acting together, with at least one party unit being either: the state committee or the party organization within a congressional district, county, or legislative district, are not considered contributions to or expenditures on behalf of a candidate for the purposes of section 10A.25 or 10A.27 and must not be allocated to candidates under section 10A.20, subdivision 3, paragraph (g):
(1) expenditures on behalf of candidates of that party generally without referring to any of them specifically in a published, posted, or broadcast advertisement;
(2) expenditures for the preparation, display, mailing, or other distribution of an official party sample ballot listing the names of three or more individuals whose names are to appear on the ballot;
(3) expenditures for a telephone conversation including the names of three or more individuals whose names are to appear on the ballot;
(4) expenditures for a political party fund-raising effort on behalf of three or more candidates; or
(5) expenditures for party committee staff services that benefit three or more candidates.
Subd. 2. Repealed, 1999 c 220 s 51
Subd. 3. Repealed, 1999 c 220 s 51