97B.425 Baiting bears.
Notwithstanding section 609.68, a person may place bait to take bear and must display a tag at each site where bait is placed and register the sites. The commissioner shall prescribe the method of tagging and registering the sites. To attract bear a person may not use a bait with:
(1) a carcass from a mammal, if the carcass contains more than 25 percent of the intact carcass;
(2) meat from mammals, if the meat contains bones;
(3) bones of mammals;
(4) solid waste containing bottles, cans, plastic, paper, or metal;
(5) materials that are not readily biodegradable; or
(6) any part of a swine, except cured pork.