A viatical settlement provider shall disclose the following information to the viator no later than the date the viatical settlement contract is signed by all parties:
(1) possible alternatives to viatical settlement contracts for persons with catastrophic or life threatening illnesses, including accelerated benefits offered by the issuer of the life insurance policy;
(2) the fact that some or all of the proceeds of the viatical settlement may be taxable and that assistance should be sought from a personal tax advisor;
(3) the fact that the viatical settlement may be subject to the claims of creditors;
(4) the fact that receipt of a viatical settlement may adversely affect the recipients' eligibility for Medicaid or other government benefits or entitlements and that advice should be obtained from the appropriate agencies;
(5) the policy owner's right to rescind a viatical settlement contract within 30 days of the date it is executed by all parties or 15 days of the receipt of the viatical settlement proceeds by the viator, whichever is less, as provided in section 60A.970, subdivision 3; and
(6) the date by which the funds will be available to the viator and the source of the funds.
HIST: 1995 c 151 s 10