360.67 Violations and penalties.
Subdivision 1. Tax evasion. Any person who, with intent to escape payment of any tax on an aircraft as provided in sections 360.54 to 360.67, delays or neglects to properly list and apply to register the same, or, with intent to prevent the payment or collection of the proper tax, fee, or lien thereon, violates or neglects to comply with any of the provisions thereof shall be guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
Subd. 2. Unlawful operation. Any person who uses, or causes to be used or operated, any aircraft in violation of the provisions of sections 360.54 to 360.67, or while a certificate of registration of an aircraft issued to the person is suspended or revoked, or knowingly delivers an aircraft to another to be used or operated in violation of sections 360.54 to 360.67, or violates any of the provisions thereof, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
Subd. 3. Sale of unregistered aircraft. Any person who sells, delivers, or otherwise transfers ownership of an aircraft required to be registered as provided by sections 360.511 to 360.67 without having registered said aircraft as required by sections 360.511 to 360.67 shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
Subd. 4. Fraud. Any person who:
(1) uses any number plates, label, or stamp or registration certificate upon or in connection with any aircraft except the one for which the same were duly issued, or upon any such aircraft after the certificate, plates, label, or stamp or the right to use the same have expired, or retains in possession or fails to surrender as provided in sections 360.511 to 360.67 any such number plates, label, stamp, or registration certificate;
(2) displays, or causes to be displayed, or has in possession any canceled, revoked, suspended, or fraudulently obtained or stolen registration plates, label, or stamp;
(3) lends the person's registration plates, label, or stamp to any person or knowingly permits the use thereof by another;
(4) displays or represents as the person's own any registration plates, label, or stamp not issued to the person; provided, this shall not apply to any legal change of ownership of the aircraft to which the plates, label, or stamp are attached;
(5) uses a false or fictitious name or address or description of the aircraft, engine number, or frame number in any application for registration of an aircraft or knowingly makes a false statement or knowingly conceals a material fact or otherwise commits a fraud in any such application; or
(6) defaces or alters any registration certificate or number plates or retains the same in possession after the same have been defaced or altered,
shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes