349.164 Bingo hall licenses.
Subdivision 1. License required. No person may lease a facility to more than one organization to conduct bingo without a current and valid bingo hall license under this section.
Subd. 2. License application. The board may issue a bingo hall license to persons who meet the qualifications of this section if the board determines that a license is consistent with the purpose of sections 349.11 to 349.22. Applications must be on a form the board prescribes. The board may not issue or renew a bingo hall license unless the conditions of section 349.213, subdivision 2, have been satisfied.
Subd. 3. Repealed, 1994 c 633 art 5 s 99
Subd. 4. Fees; term of license. The annual fee for a bingo hall license is $4,000.
Subd. 5. Repealed, 1994 c 633 art 5 s 99
Subd. 6. Prohibited acts. No bingo hall licensee, person holding a financial or managerial interest in a bingo hall, or affiliate thereof may:
(2) provide any staff to conduct or assist in the conduct of bingo or any other form of lawful gambling on the premises;
(3) acquire, provide inventory control for, or report the use of any gambling equipment used by an organization that conducts lawful gambling on the premises;
(4) provide accounting services to an organization conducting lawful gambling on the premises;
(5) solicit, suggest, encourage, or make any expenditures of gross receipts of an organization from lawful gambling;
(6) charge any fee to a person without which the person could not play a bingo game or participate in another form of lawful gambling on the premises;
(7) provide assistance or participate in the conduct of lawful gambling on the premises; or
(8) permit more than 21 bingo occasions to be conducted on the premises in any week.
Subd. 7. MS 1988 Renumbered in part subd 6
Subd. 7. Leases. All of the remuneration to be received from the organization for the conduct of lawful gambling must be stated in the lease. No amount may be paid by the organization or received by the bingo hall licensee based on the number of participants attending the bingo occasion or participating in lawful gambling on the premises, or based on the gross receipts or profit received by the organization. All provisions of section 349.18 apply to lawful gambling conducted in bingo halls.
Subd. 8. MS 1988 Renumbered subd 7
Subd. 8. MS 1992 Repealed, 1994 c 633 art 5 s 99
Subd. 9. Renumbered subd 8
Subd. 10. Records. A bingo hall licensee must maintain and preserve for at least 3-1/2 years records of all remuneration it receives from organizations conducting lawful gambling.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes