Skip to main content Skip to office menu Skip to footer
Capital IconMinnesota Legislature

Office of the Revisor of Statutes

322A.70 Registration.

Before transacting business in this state, a foreign limited partnership shall register with the secretary of state. In order to register, a foreign limited partnership shall submit to the secretary of state a certificate of status from the filing office in the jurisdiction in which the foreign limited partnership is organized, and an application for registration as a foreign limited partnership, signed by a general partner and setting forth:

(1) the name of the foreign limited partnership and, if different, the name under which it proposes to register and transact business in this state;

(2) the state and date of its formation;

(3) the name and address of the agent for service of process on the foreign limited partnership; the agent must be an individual resident of this state, a domestic corporation, or a foreign corporation having a place of business in, and authorized to do business in, this state;

(4) a statement that the secretary of state is appointed the agent of the foreign limited partnership for service of process if the appointed agent's authority has been revoked or if the agent cannot be found or served with the exercise of reasonable diligence;

(5) the principal office of the foreign limited partnership;

(6) the name and business address of each general partner; and

(7) the address of the office at which is kept a list of the names and addresses of the limited partners and their capital contributions, together with an undertaking by the foreign limited partnership to keep those records until the foreign limited partnership's registration in this state is canceled or withdrawn.

HIST: 1980 c 582 art 5 s 49; 1986 c 430 s 24; 1987 c 384 art 1 s 29; 1988 c 682 s 39; 1993 c 48 s 6