32.212 Milk houses for bulk tanks.
Any producer using a bulk tank for cooling and storage of milk to be used for manufacturing purposes shall have an enclosed milk room which shall conform to the standards provided by this section and section 32.213. The floor shall be constructed of concrete or other impervious material, maintained in good repair, and graded to provide proper drainage. The walls and ceilings of the room shall be sealed and constructed of smooth easily cleaned material. All windows shall be screened and doors shall be self-closing. It shall be well ventilated and must meet the following requirements:
(1) The bulk tank shall not be located over a drain or under a ventilator.
(2) The hose port shall be located in an exterior wall and fitted with a tight self-closing door.
(3) Each milk room shall have an adequate supply of water readily accessible with facilities for heating the water, to insure the cleaning and sanitizing of the bulk tank, utensils and equipment and the keeping of the milk room clean.
(4) No lights shall be placed directly over the bulk tank.
(5) The bulk tank shall be properly located in the milk room for easy access to all areas for cleaning and servicing.
(6) The milkhouse shall be used only for storage of milk, milk utensils, and supplies incidental to the production of milk.
(7) This section and section 32.213 are effective for all bulk tanks for milk produced for manufacturing purposes.
(8) No milk processor shall buy milk from any producer of milk using a bulk tank to be used for manufacturing purposes unless such producer has complied with the provisions of this section.
(9) After July 1, 1965, no person shall install a bulk tank except in a milk room or milkhouse which complies with the provisions of this section and section 32.213.
(10) The enforcement of this section and section 32.213 shall be administered by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
(11) Any person violating any provisions of this section and section 32.213 shall be punished by a fine of not more than $50.