This is an historical version of this statute chapter. Also view the most recent published version.
299A.331 DARE Advisory Council.
Subdivision 1. Membership. The Advisory Council on Drug Abuse Resistance Education consists of:
(1) the attorney general who shall serve as chair;
(2) the commissioner of public safety;
(3) the commissioner of education;
(4) three representatives of law enforcement appointed by the commissioner of public safety;
(5) three representatives of education appointed by the commissioner of education;
(6) a representative of the DARE Officers Association appointed by the Peace Officer Standards and Training Board from among recommendations of the association; and
(7) seven citizens appointed by the attorney general.
Subd. 2. Duties. The council shall:
(1) advise the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension in establishing a drug abuse resistance education training program for peace officers;
(2) promote the drug abuse resistance education program throughout the state;
(3) monitor the drug abuse resistance education officer training program in conjunction with the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension;
(4) provide coordination and assistance to local communities who wish to implement drug abuse resistance education programs in their local school systems;
(5) encourage parental and community involvement in drug abuse resistance education programs;
(6) develop a private and public partnership to provide for continuation and funding for the drug abuse resistance education program; and
(7) receive money from public and private sources for use in the drug abuse resistance education program.
Copyright © 2004 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.