256J.02 Federal temporary assistance for needy families block grant.
Subdivision 1. Commissioner's authority to administer block grant funds. The commissioner of human services is authorized to receive, administer, and expend funds available under the TANF block grant authorized under title I of Public Law 104-193, the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996.
Subd. 2. Use of money. State money appropriated for purposes of this section and TANF block grant money must be used for:
(1) financial assistance to or on behalf of any minor child who is a resident of this state under section 256J.12;
(2) the health care and human services training and retention program under chapter 116L, for costs associated with families with children with incomes below 200 percent of the federal poverty guidelines;
(3) the pathways program under section 116L.04, subdivision 1a;
(4) welfare to work transportation authorized under Public Law 105-178;
(5) reimbursements for the federal share of child support collections passed through to the custodial parent;
(6) reimbursements for the working family credit under section 290.0671;
(7) program administration under this chapter;
(8) the diversionary work program under section 256J.95;
(9) the MFIP consolidated fund under section 256J.626; and
(10) the Minnesota Department of Health consolidated fund under Laws 2001, First Special Session chapter 9, article 17, section 3, subdivision 2.
Subd. 3. Repealed, 1Sp2003 c 14 art 1 s 107
Subd. 4. Authority to transfer. Subject to limitations of title I of Public Law 104-193, the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996, as amended, the legislature may transfer money from the TANF block grant to the child care fund under chapter 119B, or the Title XX block grant.
Subd. 5. Indirect cost liability. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 16A.127, the statewide and agency indirect cost liability identified as part of the TANF grant for any current fiscal year shall be limited to no more than the amount received in fiscal year 1996.