256J.02 Federal temporary assistance for needy families block grant.
Subdivision 1. Commissioner's authority to administer block grant funds. The commissioner of human services is authorized to receive, administer, and expend funds available under the TANF block grant authorized under title I of Public Law Number 104-193, the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996.
Subd. 2. Use of money. State money appropriated for purposes of this section and TANF block grant money must be used for:
(1) financial assistance to or on behalf of any minor child who is a resident of this state under section 256J.12;
(2) employment and training services under this chapter or chapter 256K;
(3) emergency financial assistance and services under section 256J.48;
(4) diversionary assistance under section 256J.47; and
(5) program administration under this chapter.
Subd. 3. Carry forward of federal money. Temporary assistance for needy families block grant money must be appropriated for the purposes in this section and is available until expended.
Subd. 4. Authority to transfer. Subject to limitations of title I of Public Law Number 104-193, the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996, the legislature may transfer money from the TANF block grant to the child care fund under chapter 119B, or the Title XX block grant under section 256E.07.
Subd. 5. Indirect cost liability. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 16A.127, the statewide and agency indirect cost liability identified as part of the TANF grant for any current fiscal year shall be limited to no more than the amount received in fiscal year 1996.
HIST: 1997 c 85 art 1 s 2