16E.0465 Technology approval.
Subdivision 1. Application. This section applies to an appropriation of more than $1,000,000 of state or federal funds to a state agency for any information and communications technology project or data processing device or system or for any phase of such a project, device, or system. For purposes of this section, an appropriation of state or federal funds to a state agency includes an appropriation:
(1) to the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities;
(2) to a constitutional officer;
(3) for a project that includes both a state agency and units of local government; and
(4) to a state agency for grants to be made to other entities.
Subd. 2. Required review and approval. (a) A state agency receiving an appropriation for an information and communications technology project or data processing device or system subject to this section must divide the project into phases.
(b) The commissioner of finance may not authorize the encumbrance or expenditure of an appropriation of state funds to a state agency for any phase of a project, device, or system subject to this section unless the Office of Technology has reviewed each phase of the project, device, or system, and based on this review, the commissioner of administration has determined for each phase that:
(1) the project is compatible with the state information architecture and other policies and standards established by the commissioner of administration; and
(2) the agency is able to accomplish the goals of the phase of the project with the funds appropriated.
Subd. 3. Role of commissioner. Unless money is appropriated directly to the commissioner of administration, the role of the commissioner and the Office of Technology is to review and approve projects under this section, and not to design or implement the projects.
HIST: 1Sp2001 c 10 art 2 s 46
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes