147A.16 Forms of disciplinary action.
When the board finds that a registered physician assistant has violated a provision of this chapter, it may do one or more of the following:
(1) revoke the registration;
(2) suspend the registration;
(3) impose limitations or conditions on the physician assistant's practice, including limiting the scope of practice to designated field specialties; impose retraining or rehabilitation requirements; require practice under additional supervision; or condition continued practice on demonstration of knowledge or skills by appropriate examination or other review of skill and competence;
(4) impose a civil penalty not exceeding $10,000 for each separate violation, the amount of the civil penalty to be fixed so as to deprive the physician assistant of any economic advantage gained by reason of the violation charged or to reimburse the board for the cost of the investigation and proceeding;
(5) order the physician assistant to provide unremunerated professional service under supervision at a designated public hospital, clinic, or other health care institution; or
(6) censure or reprimand the registered physician assistant.
Upon judicial review of any board disciplinary action taken under this chapter, the reviewing court shall seal the administrative record, except for the board's final decision, and shall not make the administrative record available to the public.
HIST: 1995 c 205 art 1 s 15
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes