125A.42 Procedural safeguards; parent and child rights.
(a) This section applies to local school and county boards for children from birth through age two who are eligible for Part H, Public Law 102-119, and their families. This section must be consistent with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, United States Code, title 20, sections 1471 to 1485 (Part H, Public Law 102-119), regulations adopted under United States Code, title 20, sections 1471 to 1485, and sections 125A.259 to 125A.48.
(b) A parent has the right to:
(1) inspect and review early intervention records;
(2) prior written notice of a proposed action in the parents' native language unless it is clearly not feasible to do so;
(3) give consent to any proposed action;
(4) selectively accept or decline any early intervention service; and
(5) resolve issues regarding the identification, evaluation, or placement of the child, or the provision of appropriate early intervention services to the child and the child's family through an impartial due process hearing pursuant to section 125A.46.
(c) The eligible child has the right to have a surrogate parent appointed by a school district as required by section 125A.07.