121A.67 Aversive and deprivation procedures.
The commissioner must adopt rules governing the use of aversive and deprivation procedures by school district employees or persons under contract with a school district. The rules must:
(1) promote the use of positive approaches and must not encourage or require the use of aversive or deprivation procedures;
(2) require that planned application of aversive and deprivation procedures be a part of an individual education plan;
(3) require parents or guardians to be notified after the use of aversive or deprivation procedures in an emergency;
(4) establish health and safety standards for the use of time-out procedures that require a safe environment, continuous monitoring of the child, ventilation, and adequate space; and
(5) contain a list of prohibited procedures.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes