609.625 Aggravated forgery.
Subdivision 1. Making or altering writing or object. Whoever, with intent to defraud, falsely makes or alters a writing or object of any of the following kinds so that it purports to have been made by another or by the maker or alterer under an assumed or fictitious name, or at another time, or with different provisions, or by authority of one who did not give such authority, is guilty of aggravated forgery and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than ten years or to payment of a fine of not more than $20,000, or both:
(1) a writing or object whereby, when genuine, legal rights, privileges, or obligations are created, terminated, transferred, or evidenced, or any writing normally relied upon as evidence of debt or property rights, other than a check as defined in section 609.631 or a financial transaction card as defined in section 609.821; or
(2) an official seal or the seal of a corporation; or
(3) a public record or an official authentication or certification of a copy thereof; or
(4) an official return or certificate entitled to be received as evidence of its contents; or
(5) a court order, judgment, decree, or process; or
(6) the records or accounts of a public body, office, or officer; or
(7) the records or accounts of a bank or person, with whom funds of the state or any of its agencies or subdivisions are deposited or entrusted, relating to such funds.
Subd. 2. Means for false reproduction. Whoever, with intent to defraud, makes, engraves, possesses or transfers a plate or instrument for the false reproduction of a writing or object mentioned in subdivision 1, a check as defined in section 609.631, or a financial transaction card as defined in section 609.821, may be sentenced as provided in subdivision 1.
Subd. 3. Uttering or possessing. Whoever, with intent to defraud, utters or possesses with intent to utter any forged writing or object mentioned in subdivision 1, not including a check as defined in section 609.631 or a financial transaction card as defined in section 609.821, knowing it to have been so forged, may be sentenced as provided in subdivision 1.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes