336A.03 Contents of financing statement or lien notice.
Subdivision 1. Substantial compliance. An effective financing statement or lien notice must substantially comply with this section but may contain minor errors that are not seriously misleading.
Subd. 2. Contents. (a) An effective financing statement or lien notice must contain:
(1) a description of the farm products subject to the security interest or farm products statutory lien, including the amount of the farm products, if applicable, and a reasonable description of the location of the property, including the county, where the farm products are located;
(2) the name and address of the secured party or the person entitled to the farm products statutory lien;
(3) the name and address of the debtor;
(4) in the case of an effective financing statement, the social security number of the debtor, or, if the debtor is doing business other than as an individual, the United States Internal Revenue Service taxpayer identification number of the debtor;
(5) in the case of an effective financing statement, the following statement with the appropriate blank checked:
"THIS EFFECTIVE FINANCING STATEMENT .... WILL ..... WILL NOT BE TERMINATED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE DATE ON WHICH THE OBLIGATION(S) IT SECURES NO LONGER EXIST."; and
(6) in the case of a lien notice, any payment obligations imposed on the buyer, commission merchant, or selling agent as a condition for waiver or release of the farm products statutory lien.
(b) An effective financing statement or lien notice for one or more debtors may cover more than one farm product located in more than one county.
(c) The effective financing statement form and lien notice may not be combined with a Uniform Commercial Code financing statement form.
(d) An effective financing statement must contain the following statement, all in capital letters:
"THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS EFFECTIVE FINANCING STATEMENT WILL BE SENT TO FARM PRODUCT BUYERS REGISTERED IN MINNESOTA. SALE OF FARM PRODUCTS TO THOSE BUYERS MAY RESULT IN A CHECK BEING ISSUED PAYABLE JOINTLY TO BOTH THE SELLER AND THE SECURED PARTY."
Subd. 3. Signatures. A lien notice must be signed by the lienholder. An effective financing statement must be signed by:
(1) the secured party; and
(2) the debtor.
Subd. 4. Required amendments. An effective financing statement or lien notice must be amended in writing within three months after material changes occur to reflect the material changes. The amendment to an effective financing statement or a lien statement must be signed and filed in the same manner required for the original document.
Subd. 5. Effective period. (a) An effective financing statement is effective for five years from the date of filing. The effective period may be extended for additional periods of five years as provided in section 336A.06.
(b) An effective financing statement is not effective after:
(1) the effective financing statement lapses on the expiration of the effective period; or
(2) a notice that the effective financing statement is terminated is signed by the secured party and filed in the filing office where the original effective financing statement is filed.
(c) A lien notice is not effective after:
(1) five years from the date of filing;
(2) expiration of the period for commencing an action to enforce the lien under applicable Minnesota law; or
(3) the obligation secured by the statutory lien no longer exists.
HIST: 1992 c 525 s 4