336.4A-105 Other definitions.
(a) In this article:
(1) "Authorized account" means a deposit account of a customer in a bank designated by the customer as a source of payment of payment orders issued by the customer to the bank. If a customer does not so designate an account, any account of the customer is an authorized account if payment of a payment order from that account is not inconsistent with a restriction on the use of that account.
(2) "Bank" means a person engaged in the business of banking and includes a savings bank, savings association, credit union, and trust company. A branch or separate office of a bank is a separate bank for purposes of this article.
(3) "Customer" means a person, including a bank, having an account with a bank or from whom a bank has agreed to receive payment orders.
(4) "Funds-transfer business day" of a receiving bank means the part of a day during which the receiving bank is open for the receipt, processing, and transmittal of payment orders and cancellations and amendments of payment orders.
(5) "Funds-transfer system" means a wire transfer network, automated clearinghouse, or other communication system of a clearinghouse or other association of banks through which a payment order by a bank may be transmitted to the bank to which the order is addressed.
(6) "Good faith" means honesty in fact and the observance of reasonable commercial standards of fair dealing.
(7) "Prove" with respect to a fact means to meet the burden of establishing the fact (section 336.1-201(8)).
(b) Other definitions applying to the article and the sections in which they appear:
"Acceptance." Section 336.4A-209.
"Beneficiary." Section 336.4A-103.
"Beneficiary's bank." Section 336.4A-103.
"Executed." Section 336.4A-301.
"Execution date." Section 336.4A-301.
"Funds transfer." Section 336.4A-104.
"Funds-transfer system rule." Section 336.4A-501.
"Intermediary bank." Section 336.4A-104.
"Originator." Section 336.4A-104.
"Originator's bank." Section 336.4A-104.
"Payment by beneficiary's bank to beneficiary." Section 336.4A-405.
"Payment by originator to beneficiary." Section 336.4A-406.
"Payment by sender to receiving bank." Section 336.4A-403.
"Payment date." Section 336.4A-401.
"Payment order." Section 336.4A-103.
"Receiving bank." Section 336.4A-103.
"Security procedure." Section 336.4A-201.
"Sender." Section 336.4A-103.
(c) The following definitions in article 4 apply to this article:
"Clearinghouse." Section 336.4-104.
"Item." Section 336.4-104.
"Suspends payments." Section 336.4-104.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes