103G.2212 Contractor's responsibility when work drains or fills wetlands.
Subdivision 1. Conditions for employees and agents to drain or fill wetlands. An agent or employee of another may not drain or fill a wetland, wholly or partially, unless the agent or employee has:
(1) obtained a signed statement from the property owner stating that the wetland replacement plan required for the work has been obtained or that a replacement plan is not required; and
(2) mailed a copy of the statement to the local government unit with jurisdiction over the wetland.
Subd. 2. Violation is separate offense. Violation of this section is a separate and independent offense from other violations of sections 103G.2212 to 103G.237.
Subd. 3. Form for compliance with this section. The board shall develop a form to be distributed to contractors' associations, local government units, and soil and water conservation districts to comply with this section. The form must include:
(1) a listing of the activities for which a replacement plan is required;
(2) a description of the penalties for violating sections 103G.2212 to 103G.237;
(3) the telephone number to call for information on the responsible local government unit;
(4) a statement that national wetland inventory maps are on file with the soil and water conservation district office; and
(5) spaces for a description of the work and the names, mailing addresses, and telephone numbers of the person authorizing the work and the agent or employee proposing to undertake it.
HIST: 2000 c 382 s 4
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes