103B.201 Metropolitan water management program purpose.
(1) protect, preserve, and use natural surface and groundwater storage and retention systems;
(2) minimize public capital expenditures needed to correct flooding and water quality problems;
(3) identify and plan for means to effectively protect and improve surface and groundwater quality;
(4) establish more uniform local policies and official controls for surface and groundwater management;
(5) prevent erosion of soil into surface water systems;
(6) promote groundwater recharge;
(7) protect and enhance fish and wildlife habitat and water recreational facilities; and
(8) secure the other benefits associated with the proper management of surface and ground water.