240.03 Commission powers and duties.
The commission has the following powers and duties:
(1) to regulate horse racing in Minnesota to ensure that it is conducted in the public interest;
(2) to issue licenses as provided in this chapter;
(3) to enforce all laws and rules governing horse racing;
(4) to collect and distribute all taxes provided for in this chapter;
(5) to conduct necessary investigations and inquiries and compel the submission of information, documents, and records it deems necessary to carry out its duties;
(6) to supervise the conduct of pari-mutuel betting on horse racing;
(7) to employ and supervise personnel under this chapter;
(8) to determine the number of racing days to be held in the state and at each licensed racetrack; and
(9) to take all necessary steps to ensure the integrity of racing in Minnesota.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes