18B.31 Pesticide dealer license.
Subdivision 1. Requirement. (a) Except as provided in paragraph (b), no fixed location may offer for sale or sell a restricted use or bulk pesticide to a pesticide end user without a pesticide dealer license.
(b) A pesticide dealer license is not required for:
(1) a licensed commercial applicator, noncommercial applicator, or structural pest control applicator who uses restricted use pesticides only as an integral part of a pesticide application service;
(2) a federal, state, county, or municipal agency using restricted use pesticides for its own programs;
(3) a licensed pharmacist, physician, dentist, or veterinarian when administering or dispensing a restricted use pesticide for use in the pharmacist's, physician's, dentist's, or veterinarian's practice; or
(4) a person at a fixed location that is not used to offer for sale or sell restricted use or bulk pesticides including, but not limited to, warehouses or other storage sites.
(c) A licensed pesticide dealer may sell restricted use pesticides only to an applicator licensed or certified by the commissioner, unless a sale is allowed by rule.
(d) A pesticide dealer license is required for an individual not located in Minnesota who offers for sale or sells a restricted use or bulk pesticide to a pesticide end user located in Minnesota.
(e) Only one pesticide dealer license is required per fixed location from which a restricted use or bulk pesticide is offered for sale or sold to a pesticide end user.
Subd. 2. Responsibility. A pesticide dealer is responsible for the acts of a person who assists the dealer in the solicitation and sale of restricted use pesticides.
Subd. 3. License. A pesticide dealer license:
(1) expires on December 31 of each year unless it is suspended or revoked before that date;
(2) is not transferable to another location; and
(3) must be prominently displayed to the public in the pesticide dealer's place of business.
Subd. 4. Application. (a) A person must apply to the commissioner for a pesticide dealer license on the forms and in the manner required by the commissioner.
(b) The commissioner may require an additional demonstration of dealer qualification if the dealer has had a license suspended or revoked, or has otherwise had a history of violations of this chapter.
Subd. 5. Application fee. (a) An application for a pesticide dealer license must be accompanied by a nonrefundable application fee of $50.
(b) If an application for renewal of a pesticide dealer license is not filed before January 1 of the year for which the license is to be issued, an additional fee of $20 must be paid by the applicant before the license is issued.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes