65B.06 Distribution of risks; coverage.
Subdivision 1. With respect to private passenger, nonfleet automobiles, the facility shall provide for the equitable distribution of qualified applicants to members in accordance with the participation ratio.
Subd. 2. With respect to private passenger, nonfleet automobiles, the facility shall provide for the issuance of policies of automobile insurance by members with coverage as follows:
(1) Bodily injury liability and property damage liability coverage in the minimum amounts specified in section 65B.49, subdivision 3;
(2) Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverages as required by section 65B.49, subdivisions 3a and 4a;
(3) A reasonable selection of higher limits of liability coverage up to $50,000 because of bodily injury to or death of one person in any one accident and, subject to such limit for one person, up to $100,000 because of bodily injury to or death of two or more persons in any one accident, and up to $25,000 because of injury to or destruction of property of others in any one accident, or higher limits of liability coverage as recommended by the governing committee and approved by the commissioner;
(4) Basic economic loss benefits, as required by section 65B.44, and other optional coverages as recommended by the governing committee and approved by the commissioner; and
(5) Automobile physical damage coverage, including coverage of loss by collision, subject to deductible options.
Subd. 3. With respect to all automobiles not included in subdivisions 1 and 2, the facility shall provide:
(1) the minimum limits of coverage required by section 65B.49, subdivisions 2, 3, 3a, and 4a, or higher limits of liability coverage as recommended by the governing committee and approved by the commissioner;
(2) for the equitable distribution of qualified applicants for this coverage among the members in accord with the applicable participation ratio, or among these insurance companies as selected under the provisions of the plan of operation; and
(3) for a school district or contractor transporting school children under contract with a school district, that amount of automobile liability insurance coverage, not to exceed $1,000,000, required by the school district by resolution or contract, or that portion of such $1,000,000 of coverage for which the school district or contractor applies and for which it is eligible under section 65B.10.
Subd. 4. Coverage made available under this section shall be the standard automobile policy and endorsement forms, as approved by the commissioner, with such changes, additions and amendments as are adopted by the governing committee and approved by the commissioner.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes