60E.08 Notice and registration requirements of purchasing groups.
Subdivision 1. Notice to commissioner. A purchasing group that intends to do business in this state shall, prior to doing business, furnish notice to the commissioner on forms prescribed by the NAIC which shall:
(1) identify the state in which the group is domiciled;
(2) identify all other states in which the group intends to do business;
(3) specify the lines and classifications of liability insurance which the purchasing group intends to purchase;
(4) identify the insurance company or companies from which the group intends to purchase its insurance and the domicile of the company;
(5) specify the method by which, and the person or persons, if any, through whom insurance will be offered to its members whose risks are resident or located in this state;
(6) identify the principal place of business of the group; and
(7) provide other information required by the commissioner to verify that the purchasing group is qualified under section 60E.02, subdivision 11.
Subd. 2. Notice of change. A purchasing group shall, within ten days, notify the commissioner of any changes in any items set forth in subdivision 1.
Subd. 3. Service of process. The purchasing group shall register with and designate the commissioner or other appropriate authority as its agent solely for the purpose of receiving service of legal documents or process for which a filing fee shall be determined by the commissioner. These requirements do not apply to a purchasing group that only purchases insurance that was authorized under the federal Product Liability Risk Retention Act of 1981, and that in any state of the United States:
(1) was domiciled before April 2, 1986, and is domiciled on and after October 27, 1986, in any state of the United States;
(2) before October 27, 1986, purchased insurance from an insurance carrier licensed in any state, and since October 27, 1986, purchased its insurance from an insurance carrier licensed in any state; and
(3) was a purchasing group under the requirements of the federal Product Liability Retention Act of 1981 before October 27, 1986.
Subd. 4. Additional information. Each purchasing group that is required to give notice pursuant to subdivision 1 shall also furnish information required by the commissioner to:
(1) verify that the entity qualifies as a purchasing group;
(2) determine where the purchasing group is located; and
(3) determine appropriate tax treatment.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes