60E.07 Purchasing groups; exemption from certain laws relating to the group purchase of insurance.
A purchasing group and its insurer or insurers are subject to all applicable laws of this state, except that a purchasing group and its insurer or insurers are exempt, in regard to liability insurance for the purchasing group, from any law that would:
(1) prohibit the establishment of a purchasing group;
(2) make it unlawful for an insurer to provide or offer to provide insurance on a basis providing, to a purchasing group or its members, advantages based on their loss and expense experience not afforded to other persons with respect to rates, policy forms, coverages, or other matters;
(3) prohibit a purchasing group or its members from purchasing insurance on a group basis described in clause (2);
(4) prohibit a purchasing group from obtaining insurance on a group basis because the group has not been in existence for a minimum period of time or because any member has not belonged to the group for a minimum period of time;
(5) require that a purchasing group must have a minimum number of members, common ownership or affiliation, or certain legal form;
(6) require that a certain percentage of a purchasing group must obtain insurance on a group basis;
(7) otherwise discriminate against a purchasing group or any of its members; or
(8) require that any insurance policy issued to a purchasing group or any of its members be countersigned by an insurance agent or broker residing in this state.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes