260A.03 Notice to parent or guardian when child is a continuing truant.
Upon a child's initial classification as a continuing truant, the school attendance officer or other designated school official shall notify the child's parent or legal guardian, by first-class mail or other reasonable means, of the following:
(1) that the child is truant;
(2) that the parent or guardian should notify the school if there is a valid excuse for the child's absences;
(3) that the parent or guardian is obligated to compel the attendance of the child at school pursuant to section 120A.22 and parents or guardians who fail to meet this obligation may be subject to prosecution under section 120A.34;
(4) that this notification serves as the notification required by section 120A.34;
(5) that alternative educational programs and services may be available in the district;
(6) that the parent or guardian has the right to meet with appropriate school personnel to discuss solutions to the child's truancy;
(7) that if the child continues to be truant, the parent and child may be subject to juvenile court proceedings under chapter 260C;
(8) that if the child is subject to juvenile court proceedings, the child may be subject to suspension, restriction, or delay of the child's driving privilege pursuant to section 260C.201; and
(9) that it is recommended that the parent or guardian accompany the child to school and attend classes with the child for one day.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes