124D.37 Purpose of the Minnesota Youth Works Act.
The purposes of sections 124D.37 to 124D.45 are to:
(1) renew the ethic of civic responsibility in Minnesota;
(2) empower youth to improve their life opportunities through literacy, job placement, and other essential skills;
(3) empower government to meet its responsibility to prepare young people to be contributing members of society;
(4) help meet human, educational, environmental, and public safety needs, particularly those needs relating to poverty;
(5) prepare a citizenry that is academically competent, ready for work, and socially responsible;
(6) demonstrate the connection between youth and community service, community service and education, and education and meaningful opportunities in the business community;
(7) demonstrate the connection between providing opportunities for at-risk youth and reducing crime rates and the social costs of troubled youth;
(8) create linkages for a comprehensive youth service and learning program in Minnesota including school age programs, higher education programs, youth work programs, and service corps programs; and
(9) coordinate federal and state activities that advance the purposes in this section.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes